NCVS Mea House
Newcastle upon Tyne
|tel:||0191 235 7013|
|opening times:||09:00 - 17:00|
Services: BME Groups | Mental Health | Older People |
Advocacy Centre North previously Newcastle Advocacy Centre
Advocacy Centre North aims to support vulnerable people in Newcastle to be heard and have choices and control in their lives. They do this by:
- Running a Citizen Advocacy Scheme for vulnerable adults
- Providing Case Advocacy for adults with mental health needs
- Providing Case Advocacy in Health and Social Care to people in Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Providing Independent Mental Health Advocacy regarding care and treatment to people detained or sectioned under the Mental Health Act or those conditionally discharged under Guardianship or Supervised Community Treatment.
- Providing Older People's Advocacy for residents of Newcastle aged over 65 years. A limited service is available for people of 55-64 years.
- Making sure everyone knows about advocacy and sharing good ideas with everyone through Advocacy Network Newcastle